“Friends may come and go, but a family lasts forever” this is a famous and correct saying inside the society. It’s important to cherish these relationships with family.
There are also some physical and mental benefits by eating together that must be considered:
- Everyone eats healthier meals and prevents fast foods.
- Kids are less likely to become overweight or obese and stay away from cigarettes.
- School grades improved and will be better.
- Acquiring and improving the language schools, learning new words and skills, structures and sharing their opinions and beliefs are the other benefits of eating together.
- You'll be more likely to hear about a serious problem while talking to each other when you are face to face.
- Kids will feel like you're proud of them.
- There will be less stress and tension at home.
- It Raises the confident of kids when they take the responsibility to help preparing the dinner table.
It’s also a good opportunity for Children to learn a great deal of eating habits, family attitudes and values when you sit down as a family. It’s documented that young people who reported eating dinner with their families were more likely to receive top grades at school.
Other key items from research include:
The more families eat at the dinner table, the less teens are to consume illegal drugs, produce eating disorders, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, become depressed. Family meals during adolescence had a lasting positive influence on the quality of their diets and meal patterns, such as eating breakfast. In other words, having family meals with your teenagers improves their chances of eating right in their 20’s. Young people who eat more often with their families have higher intakes of fruits, vegetables, grains, and dairy foods and also more regular family meals mean fewer fried foods and soft drinks. These adolescents also have higher intakes of key nutrients like calcium, iron, vitamins A, B6, C, E, and folate, as well as fiber. Engage kids in meal prep for family dinner. Children are more likely to eat better when they help with meal preparation responsibilities like setting the table or stirring a batter. Most kids enjoy being involved in the cooking process. Admire their efforts! Being engage in cooking healthy meals at an early age can improve long term cooking skills and encourage a healthier lifestyle. And also Families that eat together, stay together. Avoid distractions like television or the phone at dinner time – this way, everyone will be able to stay in touch with each other’s lives.
But it’s necessary noticing these guidelines During mealtime:
- Try turning off the TV, cell phones and even iPods to focus on each other.
- Refrain lasting meals too long and if your children get tired and fussy, accept their excuse and let them leave the table.
- Introducing one new food item every other week will be beneficial keeping family together.
- Producing a great role model for good eating habits will be simple during dinner table with parents and older sibling participation.
Family in religions
We have lots of another advantages in religions about the importance of family. According to popular religions family Provides the community with sound offspring, raise competent individuals to help build society through knowledge, work, promoting virtue and forbidding vice, establish model families to which others can look up to and emulate, producing healthy children who will help their parents in their old age and pray for them after their death.
- Thanking Allah at the beginning and end of partaking food is an important part of eating manners in Judaism, Christian and Islam.
- The family gives rise to and provides a fertile ground for sound individuals.
- The family is the basic building block of a larger society which itself is formed from the total sum of all the families put together.
- The family shapes individuals, both men and women, and builds values nourished by guidance, support, encouragement, and so forth.
- Because of the gravity of the responsibility entrusted to man, the greater his mission, the more thorough his training should be.